Gradual and conditioned reopening of the UMinho Libraries:
- General Library of the UMinho, Gualtar (BGUM)
- Library of UMinho on Azurém Campus (BPG)
- Library of Law of the UMinho, Gualtar (BD)
- Library Prof. Joaquim Pinto Machado (BPM)* - from the 8th of June
The other UMinho libraries remain closed for an indefinite period.
The loan of publications must be previously scheduled by email or telephone. When you contact us, please propose an appointment time on the same day or in the next business day, subject to confirmation by the library. For the return of publications, only, it is not necessary to make an appointment.
Contacts for scheduling an appointment:
Tel.: 253 604 156 (BGUM, Gualtar)
Tel.: 253 510 118 (BPG, Azurém)
Tel.: 253 601 836 (BD, Gualtar)
Tel.: 253 604 897 (BPM, Gualtar)
Access to the reading and study rooms
Access to the reading and study rooms in the BGUM and BPG (from May 18), BD (from June 1) and BPM (from June 8) will also be possible by prior reservation in the online booking system. The number of seats in these libraries has been reduced to 20% of their capacity and limited to 1 person per table, always ensuring safe distances between users and the cleaning of tables after each occupation.
Online booking at:
(Monday to Friday)
BGUM, BPG, BD: from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
BPM: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
access to libraries can only be made by appointment, requiring the use of a mask and hand hygiene at the entrance.
* In the case of BPM, access to the library will be guaranteed exclusively by Floor 2, and the stairs of the Academic Wing must be used (so that there is no crossing with the COVID19 test circuit).
Official websites of the University of Minho with information and guidance about the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19):