Under the Netversia / Universia Program, 8 laptops were made available to the Libraries of the University of Minho for free loan within the library spaces. This service is exclusively for students, teachers, researchers and employees of the University of Minho.
General usage rules:
- The loan of laptops requires that the user has a valid registration and a regular situation in the UMinho libraries.
- The loan of laptops is allowed for a maximum period of 4 hours (or up to 10 minutes before closing of the library), renewable, if there are no other requests for requisition.
- The return of the equipment or the renewal of the requisition is required at the end of each loan period, and the user must go to the service desk for this purpose.
- The use of the laptops is conditioned to the spaces and opening hours of the library.
- The user is subject to penalties in case of:
- Return of the equipment after the period limit,
- Exit the library with the equipment.
- The user is responsible for the equipment during the loan period.
The loan includes the following equipment:
- Laptop Acer Travelmate 5742Z
- Informative manual
- Laptop bag
- Office 2010 PT
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- PDF Creator
- CDBurner XP
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection
- Internet Explorer
Wireless network coverage is available in the library áreas, allowing access to the Internet and UMinho network.