The UMinho libraries provide laptops for loan, some of which are part of the Netversia / Universia Program. The laptop loan is intended for exclusive use within library spaces. This service is exclusively for students, teachers, researchers and employees of the University of Minho.
General usage rules:
- The loan of laptops requires that the user has a valid registration and a regular situation in the UMinho libraries.
- The loan of laptops is allowed for a maximum period of 4 hours (or up to 30 minutes before closing of the library).
- The return of the equipment is required at the end of each loan period, and the user must go to the service desk for this purpose.
- The use of the laptops is conditioned to the spaces and opening hours of the library.
- The user is subject to penalties in case of:
- Return of the equipment after the period limit,
- Exit the library with the equipment.
- The user is responsible for the equipment during the loan period.
The loan includes the following equipment:
- Laptop Acer Travelmate 5742Z or Lenovo V145-15AST
- Informative manual
- Laptop bag
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer
Wireless network coverage is available in the library áreas, allowing access to the Internet and UMinho network.